Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mr. Chorn in Thailand

Last week a friend from college came to visit for a few days. We've been calling him 'Chorn' (Mr. Spoon). As requested, I finally posted some of his pics! Mr. Chorn with the Elephants. I keep a healthy distance--they're so big and scary! I rode an elephant once in Loas, and touched a baby one, but that's enough for me.
Here's one painting. It's really amazing how brilliant these creatures are. If anyone wants me to send them a painting by an elephant, let me know. Some are quite good. As for Chorn, he took home paper made from elephant dung ... hummm. A Spirit-House at a rooftop hangout spot.
The Sunday night market. Chorn loved it. I get overwhelmed after the first hour.
He managed to get a pic of ajD shopping around.
These are from a day trip to Chiang Dao, a holy mountain in northern Thailand. Below is the entrance to the Chiang Dao Cave:
Did we really fit through that tiny hole? Chorn! Did you get stuck!?!
Stairway to the Wat on Chiang Doi mountain, and the Wat below.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daeng! That's some good commentary on the pictures. After all the hugs and snot blown on me by the elephants, I got home and my sister said that elephants can carry a human-communicable form of TB. I got myself checked out just in case and I'm fine :) I wish i had taken a picture of that tasty food we got at that place around the corner. Then I could show it to my friends here so they could make it for me ;)

Also Kristy says, "hi".

aj.Daeng said...

Well I'm glad those elephants were healthy after all. And can take a pic of the food for you ... I have that dish all the time - yum.
'Hi' back to Kristy.
BTW, my friends thought you were super friendly, and say 'sawadee' to you!

Anonymous said...

amazing stuff thanx

Anonymous said...

Awesome info it is without doubt. I have been seeking for this information.

Anonymous said...

Hello,


I'm really happy to join you, and expect I drive be masterful to learn a ration of things here.


Acknowledge gratitude,


Eugene