Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas, from Texas

This Christmas season finds me in the Hill Country area of central Texas, visiting family. It's certainly the most beautiful part of the Lone Star state, and being around Austin means it's fairly politically progressive. And I knew I had reached Austin because they had a live blues/country band playing right in center of the airport! They love their live music around here. I got a picture of these cacti dressed up for Christmas outside a local taco spot.
It was also great to see family and friends in a short layover in the LA area. There's so much to be thankful for this year--my friends, family, students, strangers in Thailand ... Merry Christmas, and God bless!

Here's a nice Christmas song for you. It's late Freddy Fender's "It's Christmas Time in Texas." Gotta miss him. Tex-Mex is loads of fun! 'La Navidad ya llego!'

Click play above, or
Click to hear music file

No comments: