Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday Prayer for Burma

Happy Easter Sunday to all. March 9th was Global Day of Prayer for Burma. The Cross above, 'New Moses for New Israel in Myanmar' was presented by a student Tn in one of my classes, and captures the hope and struggle of many Christians in Burma. They have really been on my mind and in my prayers today.

I thought I'd also share about two Christian based organizations, The Free Burma Rangers and Farthest Corners, working for positive change within Burma for internally displaced people, particularly the Karen. The majority of NGO's based in Thailand focus on alleviating the refugee situation (this is absolutely necessary but fails to address the source of the problem). I have spoken extensively with the the leaders of FBR and FC who are brave enough to help people inside have the resources and training to continue the struggle against the military government, so they don't have to resort to leaving their country. On this resurrection day, they deserve our hope and prayers.

No comments: