Monday, October 29, 2007

That's Right. Red Sox Rule

Congratulations to the Red Sox! Wish I were in Boston again right now.
The sweep is sweet. Again.
I've always been a baseball fan. But growing up on a small Caribbean island, with exactly 11 channels on tv, I had no choice but to become an Atlanta Braves follower--thanks to Mr. Ted Turner's TBS, which was all the baseball I could get. That is until I went to Boston for grad school and was sucked into the superstitious cult obsession that forms the Red Sox Nation. What sucked me in was not the children praying, or grown men kneeling and crying at dire moments in a game, or even the hatred of the Yankees as Satan. What did it was that my church was in the Fenway Park neighborhood and gave the ministers free season tickets as a gesture of neighborly goodwill. So I got to go to a number of games. It's a charming old park with great acoustics and you always feel you're right on the field. I even managed to warm up a few friends to the game at Fenway (yes, that's you Silivren).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would be more fun to watch the series listening to you rant, Eva. "bunt, dammit! why don't they ever bunt in the AL???"!!!

:-) Yitaudl (Go Sox!)